Thursday, July 16, 2009

Betcha thought I gave up huh?

Nope! I'm still here. Just busy.
Right now I'm sort of enjoying my 4 week summer break. I could be enjoying the pool and palm trees in Florida, but noooo.... I decided to work two days a week to make some extra money!

Anyways... things are going great here. Sydney is getting bigger AND sassier by the day. I just know Scott and I are going to be in trouble in just a few short years. Heck we're in trouble with her now! She starts kindergarten on the 19Th of August.
Not sure how emotional I'll be that day. I can't believe where all the time has gone!

We did have a scare with Scott these last few weeks. He had complained of some pain near his kidneys, so much so that my big strong man decided he needed to go to the emergency room. Now I know it hurts if he wants to go there!
They took some blood and did a CT scan to rule out a kidney stone or infection. So they decided it was probably muscular.
He went to see our doctors partner the next day and he sent him for an MRI.
Later that same day Scott called the nurse at the office to see if the results were in. They sure were. She told him that he had a herniation on L5 and a suspicious something on L2, and that a bone scan is recommended to rule out cancer!
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?
So, we immediately start freaking out! We have to wait a week to see our regular doctor and then another week for Scott to get a bone scan.
Thank God it came back OK, no cancer. I tell you seriously that if something like that doesn't put things in perspective for you then I don't know what will.
Scott's back pain is just about gone and he's feeling much better.
Was that enough for you all to digest or what?

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment