Monday, August 31, 2009

It's been a while

It's been a while...

I've been busy. Getting myself back into the grove at work. We started back at school on August 3rd. I missed the kids in my class, but it was nice to have a break and to have some time for myself.
Sydney started back at school on the 19th. We have met her teacher, she is really lovely, and is one of the most sought after teachers in the district. Sydney loves class, one of her closest friends is in her class as well as two other children she attended Montessori with. I'm glad for that, she feels right at home. Starting kindergarten and a new school to boot has been a piece of cake for her.
She loves riding the school bus. The second day of school she was asking me to let her go to the stop herself. (Right across the street) I was like "what?!?!?" "You don't Momma to walk with you???" Her reply was "No, Mom, you just stand there and watch!"
OH, my! She is getting to be a big girl. So, that's where I stand every morning. Sometimes she even forgets to give me kisses and hugs in her excitement to get to to stop!
She started CCD classes at church this past Wednesday. She likes her class and having 2 girls she knows from school there helps, I'm sure.
She has also been asking us for months to go back to dance class, every time we pass the school she reminds me. :o) So we signed her up, she starts ballet, tap and jazz class on the 10th of September. She'll have a nice little schedule. Tuesday nights is homework night, Wednesday is CCD class from 6:30 to 7:45 and Thursday will be dance class from 3:45 to 5:15.
I am enjoying work. Love the kids in my class. I have been off work for the last week with a back injury. I was at work last Monday and while putting a child in his chair had a suspicious pop in my back and then for the next 4 days could not sit up straight or stand up straight! So after the Dr outfitted me with pain meds, muscle relaxers, a steroid shot and a heating pad, I hope I am on the mend. At least I can stand up straight now. Will see if I need an MRI on Wed.
Scott is working hard for CAM. He didn't realize he would be such a counselor for all the women who work for him and it drives him crazy! But he's hanging in there.
I am looking forward to fall, I hope we have some snow this year but PLEASE NO ICE!

Hope all is well in everyones world.

No comments:

Post a Comment